Fezzy Wog is a cool teacher!
If you’re looking for outside adventures with your kids, check out Fezzy Wog and get them hopping outside.
In the process, Fezzy Wog can help teach kids some important lessons:
- Reading – the whimsical illustrations and easy-to-read rhymes make it fun for kids to learn to read
- Writing – entering a journal entry online helps children communicate their thoughts and adventures in written form
- Typing – a necessity in this digital world, entering their stories on the fezzywog.com website lets children practice typing skills
- Geography – send Fezzy Wog to a loved one somewhere far away and track it on a Google map to watch as Fezzy Wog hops around on more legs of the journey
- United States Postal Service – help children learn about addressing mail and using postage to send a letter
Fun Ideas for Fezzy Wog Adventures
With their own friend of Fezzy Wog, kids can track daily adventures or cross country journeys to visit family and friends.
- Take their frog friend on vacation – journal about the trip and record the fun in photos
- Send to a friend – follow the journey on the online map
- Hand their frog off to someone – track the hops and stops of the journey online
- Hop multiple frogs around the world to see the path each one takes
- Send Fezzy to camp –break the ice with other campers and record their campsite fun
- Fezzy scavenger hunt – lets kids make connections between clues and answers, take photos, and write about the fun in an online journal entry (click here for a summer fun scavenger hunt)
- Take a picture with a real frog – operate a camera and learn to upload photos online
- Give Fezzy friends as party favors –compete to see whose frog travels furthest
- Record their daily adventures to the park, ice-cream shop, or library – journaling is a great way to remember all the fun ways you fill your summer days.
Fezzy the Traveler
If you send your Friend of Fezzy with someone who is taking a trip, you can download this Fezzy the Traveler Note and give it to your friend when you hand-off your Friend of Fezzy.
Fezzy the Visitor
If you send your Friend of Fezzy to visit somebody, you can download this Fezzy the Visitor Note and send it with your Friend of Fezzy through the mail.
Fezzy in the Classroom
You may decide to introduce a teacher to our friend, Fezzy Wog. Friends of Fezzy are a great learning tool in the classroom. Teachers may want to adopt a friend of Fezzy as a “class pet.” If you’d like to give a teacher in your life a copy of “Catch & Release: A Fezzy Wog Adventure,” here is a note you can include with the gift to introduce them to Fezzy.
Note for Teachers
We’d love to hear your great ideas on exploring and learning with Fezzy – let us know!